The Product Marketing Manager will work closely with audience, editorial, sales and marketing teams to drive new audiences to The Globe’s platforms and promote The Globe products to existing audiences. This job requires a data-oriented, entrepreneurial thinker who’s able to leverage data and audience insight to inform and measure efforts, while working in a fluid and fast-paced environment. They will have previous experience creating and managing social media advertising campaigns, product marketing experience, and a proactive, can-do mindset. They will report to the Director, Consumer Marketing.
- Liaise with the audience, community, sales and product teams to define positioning for Globe products and develop marketing communications and strategies that resonate with consumers and differentiate Globe products
- Collaborate closely with the sales teams to ensure paid and organic product marketing are 100% aligned, maximizing learning and opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with the Marketing team and editorial community team to lead, execute and report on an ‘always-on’ paid social media marketing strategy aimed at driving new audience to globeandmail.com
- Work closely with The Globe’s marketing and events teams to support event marketing, ticket sales, content amplification, and onsite engagement (eg. social sharing, event app, live video etc)
- Provide input for go-to-market collateral, sales materials, onsite marketing communications, and brand intelligence information to support Globe and Mail subscription sales
- Uphold and ensure corporate brand standards on all marketing creative
- Ensure adherence to The Globe’s privacy and CASL policies
- University degree with preference for candidates with a Marketing degree
- Proven experience in a product marketing role within an agency or content marketing environment
- Must be data-driven with an ability to report on and make compelling recommendations to help meet the wider corporate objectives
- Must be able to move between strategy and execution with a high willingness to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams and employ a test-and-learn philosophy
- Strong social media marketing experience (paid and organic) with a wide-variety of online publishing and design skills
Interested applicants should forward a soft copy of a current resume, in confidence to The Globe and Mail’s Careers Page.
Please quote the posting code 2018-001 at the top of your resume or in your cover letter.
The Globe and Mail Inc is dedicated to equity in the workplace.
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.