At the LCBO, we promote social responsibility, connect with our consumers through exceptional customer service, and encourage our employees to reach their potential. If you’re looking for a career that will engage and inspire you to excel, let’s get together – join the LCBO.
Reporting to the Director, Integrated Marketing, you will be primarily responsible for content leadership of marketing communications, key trend analysis, financial target setting, business plan development, implementation, tracking and measurement for a broad range of Marketing strategies.
As part of your key accountabilities as Senior Manager of Content Strategy, you will:
- Maintain a solid grasp on the corporate and general marketing strategies in order to consider and apply them to the production of effective marketing content of LCBO wines, spirits & beer, special events and brand messages.
- Maintain knowledge of the total workload of the Marketing team (including Vintages and Food & Drink) and provide recommendations, ideas and suggestions on delivering content that is synergistic across all the vehicles.
- Oversee production of all written copy for the on-line and off-line marketing communication materials.
- Be accountable to ensure the quality of all written output as defined by LCBO guidelines and measured against brand expectations.
- Ensure briefs are received on all projects and that they are accurate and complete so as to maintain efficiency and integrity of the projects.
- Develop and refine team processes for efficient and effective use of all content resources on an on-going basis, with the needs of all teams considered.
- Collaborate with the Consumer Insights team to devise measurement and data collection strategies to inform the on-going development and evolutionary creative process and ensure that content vehicles are effective in the marketplace.
- Provide regular updates to the Marketing team on vehicle performance, and insights.
- Make recommendations on the evolution and refinement of vehicles to ensure effectiveness.
- Monitor, and provide direction to, the Content team on procurement of services and ensure that the sourcing of all services and materials are in compliance with LCBO purchasing policies and legal guidelines.
- Negotiate with major suppliers on key contracts and tenders.
- Manage all content contracts to ensure compliance with dates and appropriate spend levels.
- Direct the daily operations of the Content team and advocate for their needs in balance with delivering on business objectives.
Your qualifications for the role of Senior Manager, Content Strategy, will be reflected in the following profile:
- Marketing degree or certificate (preferred) and/or equivalent industry training and experience.
- Demonstrated management experience in digital marketing, creative/editorial management, project management, content strategy and e-commerce marketing – often acquired through a combination of post-secondary education and related work experience.
- Excellent organization and project management skills acquired through demonstrated experience in a progressively responsible project management position.
- Sound knowledge of marketing principles and quantitative/qualitative concepts, as well as creative design and production.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills to liaise with all levels of management and negotiate with suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Familiarity with Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) and Liquor Control and License Act guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet changing deadlines, and work independently.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry, an asset.
Complementing the above qualifications are the LCBO leadership competencies:
• Lead people • Build relationships • Drive profitability • Deliver results • Enhance the brand • Integrity
To explore this challenging opportunity, please apply online, at www.lcbo.com/careers, to Human Resource Services, LCBO, quoting File #LCB‑058/2017, by Wednesday, September 20, 2017. We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.