Leader. Innovator. Collaborator.
As a marketer, you know what it means to be creative and forward thinking. Do you have what it takes to lead, direct and coach a team of specialists through a full marketing plan?
This is your opportunity to plan, develop and execute an innovative and best-in-class marketing strategy for all of CWB Financial Group (CWB).
CWB is not your typical bank – we take a deeply personalized approach to our business and values. Taking the time to understand our client’s goals and aspirations allows us to use a full-picture view in the type of support, guidance and service needed to help them cultivate a successful financial future. We are seeking a dynamic Vice President of Marketing to deepen relationships and grow new clients through market insight, brand revitalization, focus groups, and any tactics your experience brings to the table.
Have you helped a company shape the way they do business? Have you led an organization into new market places? Do you consider yourself a master collaborator who knows how to mentor a team and build true credibility?
Yes? Let’s get to know each other.
Who we are:
CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in banking, trust and wealth management. Since 1984, we’ve grown from a single branch operating in Edmonton, Alberta, to a western-based, federally regulated financial institution with a national presence.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a difference - our culture thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration and the ability to create impact.
- Rewarding, enterprising and engaging atmosphere where you will be able to see your contributions at work.
- Understanding balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have when they’re not at work and we support that.
- An award-winning benefits packages that includes 100% company-funded health coverage (dental, vision and prescriptions), health care spending account, a flexible wellness program and CWB Balance Day (extra day off with pay!).
- Company ownership: every employee has the opportunity to be an owner with our employee share purchase plan (ESPP).
Who you are:
- A degree holder in commerce, with a Marketing specialization (or equivalent experience).
- A seasoned leader with at least ten years of experience with increasing responsibility in developing marketing plans, brand development and client value proposition development and execution.
- An experienced collaborator with a history of building inclusive, high-performing teams.
- Communicator extraordinaire! Presentation, writing and influencing skills to be proud of.
- A decisive and focused individual with the ability and desire to change the status quo. Fluid and adaptable, taking the team along for the ride.
- Process improvement oriented, with the ability to effectively drive change within teams and across stakeholder groups.
What you will do:
- Provide senior leadership, direction, coaching and management to members of Marketing team, including oversight of the daily functioning and operations of the Marketing department.
- Develop and execute a full marketing plan including brand, research, digital, segmentation and business development while understanding the marketplace CWB currently or plans to operate in, and put forward executable plans to develop and deepen client relationships.
- Lead the effort and deliver usable Market Insights in existing and new geographies and clients segments to increase sales opportunities and client excellence.
- Deliver campaigns that are easily executable, measurable, deliver on the strategic plan and enhance the client experience.
- Build out Digital marketing expertise that complements the strategic plan, execute on the plan and measure success.
- Continually review and administer existing products and services, making enhancements to account for changing client expectations and needs that lead to deeper and profitable relationships.
- In partnership with the Sales Strategy/Effectiveness and other departments, optimize the client experience by extracting key learning and develop actionable activities from the Voice of Client (VoC), sales and other client feedback mechanisms.
- Drive effective and disciplined talent acquisition, coaching, performance management, development, engagement and succession planning practices with effective leadership, motivation and direction to employees.
- Build a high performance team culture within Sales and Marketing that is based on a foundation of integrity, accountability, respect, common sense and caring.
Working at CWB means…
- Inspiring trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treating all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and supporting an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accepting responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Making decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement
- Preparing and regularly reviewing annual goals and career development plan with your manager
- Promoting cooperation and commitment within the CWB Financial Group.