The Kativik Regional Government (KRG), a supramunicipal body with jurisdiction over the territory located north of the 55th parallel, is now looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual interested in joining the KRG to work in the capacity of:
(Permanent full-time position)
Reporting to the Coordinator of the Communications Section, the Communications Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy and plans, as well as for liaising with media. More specifically the Communications Officer is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate relations with the media;
- Assist in coordinating the KRG strategic communication both external and internal;
- Prepare, implement and manage communications plans for programs and the KRG’s Departments;
- Develop and coordinate public relations plans with government and regional organizations;
- Coordinate the KRG relations with the general public;
- Design and implement a KRG branding and communications strategy;
- Draft briefing notes, speeches and media documents;
- Plan and carry out public relations projects in cooperation with the Departments;
- Assist the Coordinator with any other related responsibilities.
The selected candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or in a related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in public relations;
- Solid leadership skills and demonstrated resourcefulness;
- Strong capacity to understand and manage situations that develop and change quickly and to synthesize relevant information;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Fluency (spoken and written) in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French.
Place of employment: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Minimum $39,728/year; maximum $67,565/year (E 8)
Other benefits*: Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8,500 annually.
Food allowance: minimum $3,453 annually.
Annual leave trips: minimum 3.
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days annually.
Statutory holidays:19 days including 10 during the
Please submit your résumé in French and English before 5:00 p.m. September 15, 2017 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, QC J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.