Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing direct marketing strategies and campaigns designed to promote our conferences. The Marketing Manager is accountable for the strategic development and successful execution of all conference direct marketing programs. The Marketing Manager is focused on the marketing strategy for the conference and is supported by the Marketing Coordinator on the tactical requirements.
- Create, develop, execute and monitor all marketing activities, strategies and plans for each conference.
- Research and analyze marketplace, database information, past conference performance and recommend appropriate marketing strategy for each conference – including channels, media mix, target markets, list rentals, partnerships, and competitive events.
- Evaluate response rates by all channels and make recommendations on how to effectively target assigned market.
- Develop CRM strategies for DM, web, email and delegate sales.
- Develop, track and manage marketing budget according to plan.
- Develop creative brief and direct design of conference materials (emails, print ads, brochure covers, banner ads etc) that support the marketing strategy and the brand of The Canadian Institute.
- Write creative sell-copy.
- Develop marketing partnerships with key industry publications & association to reach new audiences for each conference.
- Develop the overall social media strategy and work with the Marketing Coordinators to execute.
- Liaise with external partners such as print and mail house, media partners and others.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization
Education & Qualifications
- University degree (Marketing or Business degree preferred)
- 4+ years direct marketing experience
- Proficiency in French (written and verbal) is an asset
- Conference experience is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org