Researches, manages and executes key local, regional and national events as well as develops and execute on premise activations designed to raise awareness and drive trial in key metropolitan markets. Participates and conducts events and product demonstrations as a top priority. Develops new leads for on premise and events, PR, media and sales opportunities in a specific geographical area as well as being available to travel both nationally and internationally, (interntional travel will be no more than 2 times per year)
- Reports directly to the Marketing Manager
- This position does not have direct reports.
- Drives brand awareness and interest both externally (Consumers, Gatekeepers, Trade, Press) and internally (Regional Sales) by serving as the brand spokesperson in market.
- Maintains and develops relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails, while bring new opportunities to the business.
- Visits potential customers to prospect for new business related to events and on premise
- Develops on premise toolkit, presentations, demos, etc. to drive growth in Ontario.
- Participates in ‘crew drives’ to sell-in Barefoot wine to targeted outlets in an intensive launch period.
- Builds relationships with individual outlets to provide support services to include: regular collage, selling Barefoot Wine, building a big creative display or putting up display stands or Point of Sale advertising, and re-merchandising wine fixtures.
- Acts as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets and customers.
- Researches for opportunities to improve on premise and off premise executions, brand visibility, perception, etc. to drive the growth of Barefoot. Increases the volume and sales velocity in established accounts through relationship building and market activation such as promotions, product demonstration, and event marketing.
- Advises on forthcoming product developments and discusses special promotions.
- Checks quantities of goods on display and in stock.
- Achieves weekly, monthly and annual sales and distribution targets.
- Reviews own sales performance, aims to meet or exceed targets.
- Gathers market and customer information.
- Reports future buying trends back to manager.
- Generates new leads for distribution and events on a weekly basis.
- Represents the Barefoot brand at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations; including wine tastings or consumer competition in outlets.
- Reports back to the business on events run, including photos and numbers of consumers sampled.
- Manages the contents of a storage unit including wine for sampling and POS, ordering and delivering this to events as appropriate.
- Oversees the marketing of the Barefoot brand at company sponsored/approved events such as wine tastings, digital support, activation, budget, etc.
- Demonstrates and promotes wines at charity, industry and customer focused events.
- Develops positive relationships with event coordinators and key promotion groups.
- Demonstrates wine knowledge and a passion for wine as a driver for change.
- Promotes positive working relationships across the organization.
- Communicates pre-event detail for the field to execute; conducts a post-event analysis to determine viability of the event and its long-term use in future events.
- Coordinates activities with other winery support areas within the market.
- Manages personal business expenses (meals, transportation, and lodging).
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or minimum of 3 years of Sales, Event Management, Public Relations or Marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Alcoholic beverage industry experience preferred.
- Experience working for a Multi-National Corporation.
- French will be an incredible asset.
- Experience using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Outlook, at a basic level.
- Experience working with Brand Marketing preferred.
- Required to work rotating shifts.
- Required to maintain a valid driver license and acceptable driving record.
- Required to obtain Liquor License as mandated by provincial and local laws.
- Skilled to learn and use specialized software (e.g.; SMIS Data Warehouse).
- Skilled to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Skilled to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Experience calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
E&J Gallo Winery is committed to providing Accessible Customer Service to people of all abilities while ensuring we respect the dignity and independence of each person.