Job Description: The CPA has an exciting opportunity for a position in our Communications and Marketing Department for a Marketing Specialist, Member Retention and Recruitment. The Marketing Specialist, Member Retention and Recruitment is responsible for planning, execution, analytics, optimization and reporting for the CPA’s traditional and digital marketing and promotional projects, programs and campaigns to retain current members and drive new member growth in all CPA markets. This position is responsible for increasing member engagement by facilitating new member onboarding and promoting ongoing member use of the Association’s products and services (e.g. Compliance publications, tools and checklists).
Member Retention Marketing:
- Develops, executes and reports on integrated member-facing marketing, promotion, and communications campaigns and programs to enhance relationships with members in Canada, the U.S.A. and provincially (particularly Quebec), encouraging them to take advantage of their CPA member benefits.
- Works proactively with executives and cross-departmental teams to intimately understand the drivers of member satisfaction and dissatisfaction, capitalizing on these insights with impactful member retention campaigns and programs.
- Develops the operational plans and budgets for member retention campaigns and programs.
Member Recruitment Marketing:
- Develops, executes, optimizes and reports on integrated traditional and digital member recruitment marketing, direct mail, advertising, email and paid social media campaigns and programs, targeted to member prospects in Canada, the U.S.A. and provincially (with a strong focus on Quebec), with the goal to generate, nurture and convert leads. This may include event marketing (events, trade shows and webinars), or public relations, social media and content marketing (working collaboratively with the Communications and Marketing team)
- Supports the Manager, Communications and Marketing by working on member recruitment and/or retention advertising campaigns.
- Provides detailed tracking, analytics and monitoring reports indicating campaign results, optimization efforts, costs and cost-benefit analyses on a monthly basis.
Market Research/Member Retention and Recruitment Analytics and Marketing Campaign Analysis:
- Identifies member recruitment and retention marketing opportunities by using market research to better understand members, prospects, the marketplace and the competitive environment.
- Develops insights and target user profiles to better identify members at risk of lapsing, and to better market the benefits of CPA membership.
- Develops insights and profiles that direct new opportunities for membership recruitment and retention programs through demographic and psychographic analysis
- Produces and distributes monthly analytical reports on membership retention, recruitment and growth program and campaign effectiveness.
- Contributes to generating over $5 million in membership revenues
- Develops and oversees budgets for Membership Growth and Trade Show portfolios.
- University degree or College diploma, preferably in marketing/ business.
- Minimum five (5) years of marketing planning, campaign management, analytics and optimization, strategic brand marketing, advertising (traditional & digital), and direct mail experience.
- Events and Trade Show experience is an asset.
- Experience in an Association or member-based environment and knowledge of member retention strategies is considered an asset.
- Experience with marketing technologies, including Content and Contact Management Systems (CMS), and Email Management Systems (EMS) is required.
- Experience working with online technologies, e.g., Microsoft Office Product Suite, HTML, website maintenance, web and marketing analytics programs and software, is required.
- Experience in managing external resources including agencies and vendors is an asset.
- Certified Marketing Specialist (CMS) designation is an asset.
- A solid understanding of the principles of design, including Publisher and InDesign.
- Solid knowledge of marketing operations planning, forecasting and budgeting is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Contact Management Databases (i.e. iMIS, Access)
- Google Analytics
- Content Management Systems
- Internet research and reporting tools
- Results-oriented, demonstrating resourcefulness and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, and achieves results within established timelines.
- Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them. Looks for new and productive and innovative ways to make an impact and/or improve efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ensuring positive working relationships both internal and external to the Association.
- Demonstrated administrative, organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Team player and strong collaborator.