Intern, Marketing, Vaughan Mills
3 month internship – To start as soon as possible
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information : ivanhoecambridge.com .
Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Challenges that match your skillset!
The Intern will assist the Marketing/Tourism Director with day-to-day activities with a focus on completing "Special Projects".
Main duties include:
- Assist with day to day marketing and administrative duties;
- Assist with tenant communication, programming, events, guest services;
- Assist with social media content, manage website postings (events, promotions);
- Assist with mobile app, e-commerce, digital directories and Cineplex digital screens;
- Track and analyze data from marketing promotions;
- Assist with event coordination.
Skills & Knowledge to be Learned over the Internship
The Intern will learn the entire scope of Shopping Centre marketing initiatives. Specifically:
- Obtaining the knowledge of designing an annual Marketing plan and budget that utilizes analysis and current research to set objectives, formulate strategies and tactics that link back to the property's Strategic Business plan;
- Understanding media campaigns and the proper execution of the program of media purchases, including providing input on creative;
- Gain a better understanding of electronic communication by working on the centre's website to ensure that the design and content of the websites are current and correct;
- Understanding the importance of consumer research by utilizing current Market research to improve the Marketing program and positioning of the shopping centre;
- Budget Control: Understanding the Accounting program by monitoring budget expenditures so that the annual Marketing budget is self-liquidating at fiscal year-end.
- Development Potential. How does the position fit into a career path?
The Intern will gain knowledge of all aspects related to marketing functions within the Shopping Centre industry that can be easily applied to marketing positions in any organization. Understanding and providing input on pertinent criteria involved in the development of a Marketing Plan will be highly beneficial to enrich future career opportunities.
Additionally, exposure to internal relationships and other departments will allow the Intern to explore opportunities within the shopping centre industry.
- Qualified Applicants must be enrolled in the third or fourth year of the Bachelor of Commerce program with a marketing major;
- Applicants must have the ability oversee the implementation of various programs with minimal supervision;
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs are an asset;
- Must be highly motivated, a team player who can actively contribute to the centre's overall objectives;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Local travel is sometimes required – (employee is responsible for his or her own transportation).
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/595cdf0ce02f5604c8aed132/51fc022158b70066fae49fd4/en