To Apply, visit: http://bit.ly/2sqhIzH
The AVP Marketing and Communications, Sun Life Global Investments (SLGI), is accountable for developing, leading and executing the SLGI Marketing strategy for all retail-oriented marketing activities in SLGI. This includes thought leadership and insight, digital initiatives, advertising and brand, media strategies, advisor events, due diligence conferences, sales support and the development of marketing strategy for new business lines. All market-facing communications and messaging for the retail segment are directed through this role and the associated team.
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, the AVP Marketing and Communications is accountable for representing SLGI in a variety of cross business unit capacities and for effectively collaborating with marketing leaders/teams in other business units on key marketing strategies and initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Institutional Business at Sun Life Global Investments, the incumbent will lead the development and execution of integrated marketing plans for SLGI.
The following describes the key accountabilities in this role, specifically focused on the retail segment including distribution/sales through the Career Sales Force and 3rd party advisor channel:
- Develop, lead and manage the retail SLGI marketing strategy and annual plan
- Develop and manage annual marketing budget
- Establish strong working relationships with key sales leaders, as well as senior product staff, finance, operations leaders and institutional marketing
- Lead and execute signature events for SLGI including due diligence conferences, etc.
- Create, lead and manage the development and execution of new product launch marketing strategies
- Create and own the digital strategy for SLGI, including execution and cross BU integration where appropriate
- Lead SLGI’s retail advertising and media strategy, including creative development of brand positioning materials as well as specific mutual fund campaigns. The role works in conjunction with SLF MarCom to maximize public relations efforts and positive media exposure for SLGI
- Lead, manage and ensure effective execution of sales support capabilities such as collateral development and delivery, local and national marketing events, etc.
- Develop and execute broader SLGI strategies including representation of SLGI in cross business unit marketing strategy development
- Deliver effective market and customer research
- Lead development and use of marketing metrics for key projects to measure marketing ROI
- Coach, manage and develop a team of marketing professionals at a variety of levels, ensuring appropriate strengths are built and leveraged, and a vision for succession planning is apparent
- A strategic thinker with the ability to understand and contribute to the development of SLGI’s business, marketing and sales strategies
- Attracts, develops and retains key marketing talent
- Able to embrace, lead and manage a high level of complexity and interdependency in a fast-paced business
- Strong and effective relationship builder with the ability to influence across SLGI teams and other business units
- Collaborates effectively with other senior level roles and teams including: sales/distribution, product, operations, finance, project management, digital teams
- Knowledge and experience with marketing research methodologies, techniques and best practices
- Proven ability to measure marketing campaigns and understands marketing analytics to maximize ROI
- Deep mutual fund industry or investment management knowledge
- Strong knowledge of marketing best practices in the retail mutual fund industry, including digital strategies
- An effective and confident communicator – able to effectively engage with junior team members through to senior executives, for a variety of internal and external audiences
- A positive leader who inspires high performance and leads by example
Education and Experience
- University degree with 10 years + experience in marketing
- Deep knowledge of leading, developing and implementing multi-business strategies requiring knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the voice of the client with a focus on marketing
- Strong background in developing client experience strategies
This role can be based out of Toronto or Waterloo.
In 2010, Sun Life Financial launched a new investment company - Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc. Sun Life Global Investments brings together the strength of Sun Life Financial with the best in asset management from around the world to offer a line-up of unique world class investment solutions - tailored for the Canadian investor.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.