As a key Food Banks Canada team member, work collaboratively with stakeholders in the areas of corporate partnership development, fund development, communications and network support. This role is accountable for maintaining a portfolio of strong, successful corporate partnerships with a key focus on partner growth/expansion and retention and re-engagement. Food Banks Canada’s donor development goals include accessing resources to support the front line work of the network. Fundraising in tandem with foodraising are critical to the work we do. Work with a focus on both food and fundraising targets, with a particular emphasis on new industry development, and high level account execution and management of corporate partner relationships.
Ensure a positive image of Food Banks Canada with its membership, stakeholders and the public.
Duties & Responsibilities
New partner development (50%)
- Works collaboratively to develop and executes the annual fundraising plan for corporate donors including the development and implementation of the Cause Marketing new channel strategy, prospect management, and ongoing accountability reporting
- Develops and executes an aggressive fundraising strategy for identification of new corporate partnership platforms, industry segments and targeted corporations.
- Facilitates multi-stakeholder and collaborative brainstorming discussions to challenge existing thinking and to ensure maximum value is defined in the development of prospective efforts
- Supports the implementation of the annual resource development plan to meet budget targets (annual fund, cause related marketing, corporate sponsor events, corporate grants etc.) through the identification and cultivation of strong positive relationships with Food banks Canada donor community
- In collaboration with the corporate team, expands and diversifies the funding base through lead generation to increase existing initiatives and partnerships
- Develop prospect research profiles and presents and promotes business initiatives and opportunities to new audiences and partners, presentations, briefings and reports
- Develops and manages reporting and financial tracking of strategic partnerships they lead, activities and partner agreements
Donor account management (35%)
- Work with corporate partners to develop and execute national cause marketing campaigns with a particular focus on those in the food and consumer package goods category including effectively handling internal and external issues as they arise.
- Provide exceptional service and engagement of the network of food banks we work with
- Identify and write corporate funding proposals to support Food Banks Canada’s mandate and initiatives
- Initiate and maintain strong positive relationships with the corporate community for successful fundraising and foodraising efforts
- Support the work/plans of the Food Acquisition Strategy and the Fundraising Development Strategy
- Assist companies in identifying where product donation opportunities might occur within their own production and distribution chain within companies
- Alongside the development team, ensure appropriate recognition/donor stewardship
- Represent Food Banks Canada at events and in meetings with industry and corporate presence.
- Develop presentations, briefings and reports.
- Ensure consistency, quality, accuracy and timeliness of all communications in both English and in French (consistent with Food Banks Canada brand)
Other duties as assigned (15%)
Education, Experience, Qualifications
- Bilingual in English and French (preferred)
- BA or equivalent in marketing, fundraising management or another related field or a combination of education and experience
- Ideally 4-6 years proven success in Business to Business marketing at an agency level or 3-5 years within a corporate development team with a focus in cause marketing, sponsorship, account development or lead generation.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of business organization and management along with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge/understanding of various supply chain models to be able to assist in identifying donation opportunities
- Well-honed collaboration and multi-stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrated competency in project development, project management, and issue management
- Strategic mindset and creative approaches to deepening relationships and driving results.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Confident, polished and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal (EQ) and customer service skills (political acuity).
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact well with food bank network, volunteers, vendors, the public and colleagues
- A collaborative, team player working style with a “can do “attitude.
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office); knowledge of Internet and Intranet etc
- Familiarity with the issues surrounding hunger and poverty an asset
Food Banks Canada’s regular office hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00pm.
This position is a salaried position. It has flexible hours as the nature of the work and the time zone differences must be taken into consideration when determining hours of work. It is understood that all team members are often required to work irregular hours to ensure that the objectives of the organization are being met. This includes the potential for some evenings and weekends.
- Sitting ,Computer, Reading and inputting data
- Some lifting - moving things in and out of vehicles/buildings
Training and Orientation
Orientation for this position will be provided to ensure understanding of the role, access to information required to perform the responsibilities.
Compensation will be determined by the job class and the candidates experience and capabilities brought to the position.
All Food Banks Canada employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Position will report to the Director, Development and Partnerships, while supporting all staff team members.