The University of Manitoba is seeking a Director, Marketing and Creative to advance the strategic priorities of the institution and enable the university to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships in support of overall reputational, enrolment, engagement and fundraising goals. The Director is responsible for advancing the goals of the university through innovative creative strategy, marketing solutions aligned with institutional priorities, and strong brand expression and management.
- Establishes and delivers an institution-wide marketing and creative strategy that builds reputation and advances the strategic priorities of the University of Manitoba.
- Establishes the creative direction for the university brand and ensures effective representation across all marketing communications channels locally, nationally and internationally.
- Leads university-wide understanding of brand strategy, messaging and visual expression.
- Leads the development of marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Establishes and leads strategic marketing and creative strategy.
- Directs market research activities.
- Oversees establishment, ongoing tracking and reporting of key performance metrics and analytics.
- Leads and inspires a talented team focused on areas of design, writing, brand strategy, marketing project management, production and market research.
- Identifies opportunities to drive change by embracing innovative, technology-driven communications strategies.
- Shares best practices and provides consultation to UM departments and faculties with regard to brand strategy, creative strategy and market research.
- Plays a lead role in the development of institutional marketing communications plans.
- Provides direction and oversight for management of staff and operational requirements within the unit.
- Five years directly related experience at a senior level – leading and inspiring a marketing and creative team – preferable in an agency or large services organization is required.
- A University degree in a related area of study is required.
- Demonstrated success:
- Building, managing and evaluating brand creative in a large, complex organizational environment.
- Planning, developing and measuring multi-channel advertising campaigns.
- Leading market research initiatives and using insight to develop innovative marketing and creative solutions.
- Managing relationships and projects with external vendors.
- Delivering innovative and high-quality creative content.
- Best practice knowledge of traditional and digital communications channels.
- Exceptional leadership and relationship building skills.
- Must be able to inspire, motivate and mentor creative teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate and negotiate.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Must have the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent pension and benefits package.
- Three weeks of vacation after first year.
- One of Manitoba’s Top Employers for the past five years.
- One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2017).
For the full list of skills and responsibilities and to apply for this opportunity, please visit our website: https://umanitoba.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=19301.