The University of Manitoba is seeking a Director, Digital Strategy and Engagement to provide senior level expertise to advance the university’s digital strategy and drive change and innovation in this important area. S/he works closely with the university’s Chief Information Officer and Associate VP Marketing Communications to shape the university’s digital engagement strategy and transform the digital capabilities of the university. Leading a team responsible for content curation, strategy, digital marketing and social media, the Director is responsible for ensuring best practice solutions that articulate and promote the university’s brand across all digital platforms. The Director also plays a leadership role in the redesign of the university’s primary digital asset – umanitoba.ca – with the goal of creating an outstanding digital experience for both consumers and content creators.
- Provides university-wide thought leadership and strategic counsel on digital strategy and digital marketing communications initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities to drive change by embracing innovative, technology-driven communications strategies to improve user experience, achieve objectives of university programs and enhance institutional image and reputation.
- Leads internal consultations related to digital strategy and digital engagement initiatives.
- Provides digital marketing expertise, advice and contributes to the university’s strategy development and implementation.
- Develops and maintains a strategic and sustainable digital marketing communications plan.
- Informs the development of strategic marketing campaigns to build the university’s reputation and profile.
- Leads project to redesign university website and ensures effective, ongoing management of this key engagement tool.
- Leads and manages the Digital Strategy and Engagement team.
- Shares best practices and provides consultation to UM departments and faculties.
- Monitors, identifies and evaluates emerging technologies and opportunities.
- Manages and oversees major digital marketing communications initiatives for the institution – serving as the principal project manager for select key projects.
- Directs and oversees external contractors associated with the major digital initiatives.
- Reports on digital marketing communications metrics for digital vehicles and initiatives.
- Ensures quality, excellence and consistency in all digital marketing communications materials.
- Minimum five years senior level experience in digital strategy, communications and project management, three of which must have been in a management role.
- Must have a university degree in marketing, communications or related area of study.
- Experience within the higher education sector is preferred.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated senior level experience in digital strategy development within a large, complex environment is required.
- A successful track record of digital marketing strategy development, delivery and execution.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of web development and implementation including information architecture, user-centric design principles and content strategy.
- Demonstrated communications and digital leadership experience, including social media management, digital marketing, accessibility, tracking and analytics.
- A strong understanding and ability to leverage digital technologies in support of digital marketing communications (ie. Web content management systems, digital advertising platforms, web analytics tools, mobile technologies).
- Demonstrated experience creating and delivering high quality creative content.
- Experience managing relationships and projects with external vendors.
- Exceptional leadership and relationship building skills are required.
- Must be able to collaborate and negotiate.
- Must be able to inspire, motivate and mentor creative teams.
- Must have strong time management skills and a strong ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external partners are required.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent pension and benefits package.
- Three weeks of vacation after first year.
- One of Manitoba’s Top Employers for the last five consecutive years.
- One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2017).
For the full list of skills and responsibilities and to apply for this opportunity, please visit our website: https://umanitoba.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=19300.