YVR was named Best Airport in North America for a record 8 years. We’ve also been named one of BC’s Best Loved Brands for the past few years and have built a strong online community with some of the most engaged audiences of airports in North America. Vancouver Airport Authority, the organization responsible for managing YVR is embarking on Flight Plan 2037 – a $5.6 billion development program that will see a period of unprecedented construction to support the year over year record passenger growth. Protecting, promoting and enhancing the brand and reputation of YVR are at the core of the dynamic Marketing & Communications team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Marketing – Brand Marketing. Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for all facets of brand positioning including enhancing the presence of the commercial offering in YVR’s channels. The Manager Marketing – Brand Marketing will lead the social content team, manage digital tools including the website, support airline marketing integration, lead the annual reputation research program and drive the exciting new Who We Are Strategy in line with achieving the organization’s strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead Social Content (Digital) Strategy and execution plan
- Responsible for corporate positioning of YVR brand and brand management including enhancing the commercial story
- Develop a brand marketing strategy with supporting tactics in alignment with the strategic plan
- Lead the execution of the Who We Are – a multi-year strategy to better tell the story of the organization that operates YVR
- Manage corporate website and all digital channels
- Support the development of the commercial marketing strategy
- Deliver supporting research programs including annual community reputation survey
- Support airline marketing initiatives with social campaigns and inaugural events
- Provide crisis communications support in the event of a medium-to-large incident
- Participate in yearly business planning and budgeting process and managing budgets and project process through the year
- Effectively managing key agency relationships
- Supporting team members and ensuring performance management processes are followed; this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
Key qualifications include:
- At least five years’ experience in (a) senior role(s) working with digital and brand marketing supplemented by a university degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least five years of recent management experience
- Passion for creativity and a belief in its practical application
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills as the scope is broad and the potential for major impact to reputation is extensive
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills and proven experience managing and coaching teams for high performance
- Media relations expertise and crisis response experience considered assets
- Ability to manage large scale projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
This position is open to Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
To apply: Visit http://www.yvr.ca > Careers > Current Opportunities