Working at Return Path
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
This role may be a fit for you if…
You are adept at identifying and pursuing new business opportunities -- making the contacts, doing the needs analysis, making a strong recommendation, handling objections and closing the sale. You know how businesses work and can navigate the nuances of having decision makers who carry multiple responsibilities. You also know about a lot of types of businesses and are able to quickly understand how the economy, consumer behavior and competitive threats impact your prospects. You thrive on seeing the sales process play out and know how to focus your time on Hot, Cold and Warm prospects. You like the challenge of a high-volume sales environment because you like to win and win often. A 12-month sales cycle is not going to keep you interested in the game. Empathy and a strong sense of purpose and ability to make professional recommendations are requirements of this position.
● Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
● Reach or exceed assigned sales quotas and quarterly targets.
● Responsible for achieving and exceeding individual goals
● Build and manage a pipeline of prospects from identification to negotiation to execution (80% of pipeline will be self-generated vs. 20% from the lead generation team).
● Support quarterly business reviews for current customers by developing a growth vision for them and partnering with the Relationship Manager to support renewals and upsell/cross-sell opportunities.
● Actively participate in planning and success, which includes quarterly and annual planning sessions, execution of team plan and support of fellow team members, including weekly, daily standups, etc.
● Attend and participate in training and be an active participant in your personal and professional development.
● Work actively with the Partner and Professional Services teams to develop customer solutions.
● 90/10% in the office vs. travel.
Sales Goals Accountability:
● Sales Executives will have an individual component for commission and the opportunity to accelerate.
● Targets (and acceleration) will continue to be quarterly, with rate resets at the beginning of each new quarter
● Strong Customer Focus: Connect customers’ business needs with Return Path products and services. Ability to develop and articulate a growth vision for customer.
● Able to effectively build a territory plan.
● Able to work with channel partners.
● Demonstrate an understanding of the sales process and ability to move a prospect through the process.
● Plan and execute effective sales calls.
● Rigorous pipeline and sales process management, negotiation and analytical skills.
● Able to move smaller deals through sales cycle quickly.
● Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with prospects over the phone, in person and electronically.
● Strong written communication skills: Create effective proposals, which address the needs of the prospects and outline a profitable solution for both prospect and Return Path.
● Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
● Must be a great relationship builder
● Previous sales experience, preferably with channel partners
● Experience with territory planning.
● 1-2 years in a sales role.
● Prior experience working with a CRM tool
● Knowledge of French an asset
● University degree, preferably in business
We are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We believe that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention because people love our culture and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The RP experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best day in and day out, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you the flexibility to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visitwww.returnpath.com
To apply for this job: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=od4k5fwq&s=Marketing_Jobs_CA
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.