Are you a dynamic and experienced marketing professional with an eye for design and a knack for creative approaches who can provide integrated marketing services, including brand development, products, and campaigns that support the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines’ mandate?
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• manage the preparation and execution of marketing and promotional projects
• provide marketing and strategic communications expertise and advice to clients, stakeholders and ministry staff
• develop advertising in accordance with Ontario Public Service (OPS) and ministry requirements and manage subsequent approvals
• research and evaluate advertising opportunities for the ministry
• coordinate advertising design, creative development, placement and budget
• direct the coordination and integration of the corporate brand across all marketing communication tools, functions and sources within the ministry
• act as the ministry's liaison with suppliers and contacts in other ministries
• manage marketing and promotional project deliverables, quality, budgets and deadlines
• monitor and assess content for web and other media-related RFPs and, in collaboration with Senior Digital Communications Coordinator, recommend and develop ministry website content and strategy
How do I qualify?
Marketing knowledge and skills:
• You have knowledge of general marketing and brand management principles to develop, manage and provide ongoing assessment of marketing campaigns.
• You are familiar with intermediate marketing tactics and strategies to oversee the development and ensure the quality of new marketing products.
• You have knowledge of digital marketing and communications to direct and initiate improvements and updates to the ministry website.
• You have experience with marketing and communications planning principles and processes to create, develop, and deliver marketing products in accordance with established guidelines.
Technical knowledge and skills:
• You are able to interpret and apply the Government Advertising Act and related requirements.
• You have knowledge of processes and techniques involved in creative design and production.
• You have knowledge of procurement guidelines and practices.
• You have financial and budget management experience to coordinate production costs with vendors.
• You are able to interpret project and budget outlines and apply ministry guidelines to make recommendations and decisions on requests.
Project management and organizational skills:
• You have effective project management skills to coordinate and manage long-term as well as day-to-day strategic marketing activities and campaigns.
• You can organize, develop and implement marketing processes that involve other staff, including Communications and program area staff.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You have excellent oral communication skills to deliver consistent messaging on the brand and associated marketing initiatives to stakeholders and staff.
• You are able to write and edit print and online marketing materials.
• You have excellent advisory, negotiation and consultative skills.
• You can develop strong working relationships with vendors, agencies, clients and stakeholders.
• You are proficient with computers and standard software applications to prepare reports and correspondence, access databases and research on marketing/brands.
• You have an understanding of web graphic and photo packages to oversee creative designs and service delivery.
Salary Range: $64,434 - $92,846 per year
- 1 Permanent, 99 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Monday, June 12, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 108382 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.