Position: Specialist, Global Paid Media
Department: Global Consumer Marketing
Reporting to the Manager, Global Consumer Marketing this role is responsible for providing digital media support and execution excellence to deliver consumer marketing activities that align with Travel Alberta’s Global Consumer Marketing Strategy.
- Support marketing teams and agency partners in developing innovative and measureable strategies across earned, owned and paid media.
- Work collaboratively with AOR and media buying partners to effectively execute paid media strategies globally.
- Oversee and support education of media tag implementation for International agencies, Social media, PR & Media and Business Development teams
- Develop an understanding of key industry metrics and the ability to recognize how they impact the business (ROAS, CPA, CPC, ROI, CPM, and CTR).
- Streamline internal processes to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of digital campaigns, minimizing response time and maximizing return on investment.
- Conduct research and analysis on target audience behaviors as they relate to digital media (including but not limited to display advertising, SEM, SEO, video advertising, Social Media and mobile)
- Derive insights and support development of marketing optimization plans from multi-channel marketing analytics data
- Analyze website, mobile, email, and social media performance data to make recommendations for areas of improvement
- Develop and maintain internal stakeholder reporting tools, documents, scoring systems, and dashboards for on-going and post-campaign reporting.
- Contribute to the company's knowledge base as a thought leader creating and sharing educational resources, best practices documentation and provide training and mentorship to Travel Alberta team members and industry marketing partners.
- A degree in Marketing or Digital Marketing with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- A designation in CAAP (Communications & Advertising Accredited Professional), CCPP (Communications Campaign Planning Program Professional) or ABC (Accredited Business Communicator) is preferred.
- Google Certified Professional
- 3+ years’ experience working with media platforms including Google DoubleClick, ComScore, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google AdWords
- Expert understanding of web analytic solutions such as Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst or Web Trends
- Expert understanding of SEM tools such as Google Adwords or Adobe Search Center
- Expert understanding of Google Tag Management (GTM) implementation, with key focuses on event tagging, testing, publishing and goal setup
- Strong understanding of scorecard and KPI s for digital analysis
- Strong understanding of Nielsen, comScore, or other research & planning tools
- Strong understanding of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation and familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau or DOMO.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Some evening and weekend work may be required as it relates to different time zones. Domestic and interprovincial travel may be required.
Employment status: Full Time
Salary: $72,840 - $94,704 per annum
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Sun Life’s RightDirections Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
Since becoming a Crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta has been recognized with more than 60 awards for brand and marketing and excellence.
Closing Date: May 13, 2017
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.