Manager, Investment Attraction – Job ID 9054
Reporting to the Director, Economic Development and Tourism, the Manager of Investment Attraction will be the primary point of contact for all investment attraction activities including Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and lead generation.
The incumbent will:
- Present and promote Durham Region as a destination of choice for non-residential investment for the purpose of attracting jobs and new assessment growth
- Serve as primary point of contact for industrial and commercial lead inquiries
- Organize and conduct Familiarization (FAM) Tours with incoming delegations
- Improve Durham Region's share of international networks and global investment by building on the brand in key markets and priority sectors
- Coordinate and/or participate in global business missions with or without delegations that could consist of Regional politicians, area municipalities, post-secondary institutions, business community and other stakeholders
- Manage staff to ensure Investment Attraction Plan targets are being met
- Develop and implement Annual Business Plan and Strategies for attracting investment and jobs to the Region
- Represent Durham Region with a focus on promoting and selling the Region as the place to invest
- Participate in sector specific tradeshows, seminars and investment meetings
- Develop and manage annual budget for Investment Attraction portfolio
- Work in accordance with the provisions of applicable health and safety legislation and corporate/departmental policies and procedures related to occupational health and safety
The successful applicant will possess:
- A degree or diploma in Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Urban Planning or related program or relevant experience
- Certification or be eligible for certification as an Economic Developer through the Economic Developers Association of Canada
- Several years managerial experience within a municipal Economic Development or Business Administration environment
- Professional sales experience with an understanding and ability to conform to the sales cycle
- Extensive knowledge of business procedures in the fields of economic development, research and marketing
- Strong ability to build relationships at the leadership level
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to lead and direct staff
- Strong consultation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation/public speaking ability
- Excellent business development, project management, financial management and analytical skills
Salary: $93,624 to $117,030 per annum
To learn more about this opportunity, apply online directly to Job ID 9054 at www.durham.ca.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: If you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.