Marketing/Tourism Director, CrossIron Mills
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( http://cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information : http://ivanhoecambridge.com
Department: CrossIron Mills
Position type: Contract
The primary responsibilities of this role are to collaborate with the Director, Marketing, Mills & Outlets, to develop and implement the annual strategic Marketing Plan and implement national, multi-centre and digital initiatives developed by the VP's of Strategic and Digital Marketing. Shopping centre marketing efforts should be designed to continually deliver a distinctive experience that exceeds our customers' expectations and will demonstrate measurable results that will ultimately contribute to the achievement of the property's business objectives while holding integrity of the company's marketing vision.
- Collaborate with Director, Marketing, Mills & Outlets, to design and implement the annual Marketing Plan and budget for the property;
- Work with the Director, Marketing, Mills & Outlets, GM and Leasing on various related marketing initiatives;
- In conjunction with the Director, Marketing, Mills & Outlets, manage and track the annual marketing budget for the property, including projecting Promotion Fund, Media Fund, and landlord's contribution;
- Work with the Marketing/Tourism Coordinator in developing and implementing a strategic tourism program for the centre;
- Work with other Mills properties in aligning marketing initiatives.
- Oversee all facets of the shopping centre's customer experience programs;
- Constantly strive to improve and build upon the centre's brand experience;
- Continually generate new, fresh ideas that will enhance the customer experience.
Special Events, Promotions and Advertising:
- Execute results-oriented, cost effective advertising campaigns that are appropriate for the centre. Communicate the centre brand and contribute to the achievement of the property's objectives;
- Promote special events and key retail periods. Highlight retailers;
- Organize a communication platform to promote key events and special promotions;
- Plan and execute traffic and merchandising events designed to appeal to the property's key target segments and contribute to centre sales;
- Work with the Specialty Leasing Manager to successfully execute sponsorship programs and identify possible revenue generating opportunities through sponsorship of local events.
- Work with Shopper Marketing team, to improve reach and engagement via the website, mobile, social media as well earned and owned media;
- Review digital analytics to provide input on effectiveness of campaigns and online media mix;
- Locally support the delivery of the social media strategy and campaigns (i.e., YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest);
- Ensure adherence to corporate guidelines in social media, analytics, digital marketing programs, privacy and data management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with media representatives.
- Monitor and control the annual budgeted revenue and expenses for the Promotion Fund under the guidelines established by Ivanhoe Cambridge;
- Work with the General Manager and Accounts Administrator to monitor monthly income obtained from Rent Roll collection of Marketing Funds;
- Utilize a budget control sheet and purchase order systems to track, approve quotations and process invoices for Marketing Fund expenses.
- Work with General Manager and Leasing to identify opportunities to promote new store openings;
- Oversee all aspects of the gift card program at the property level in collaboration with the General Manager and Accounts Administrator;
- Works with the Operations Manager and third party contractors to ensure the seamless execution of all programs that pertain to Marketing;
- Provide support for such other projects and tasks as may be requested by General Manager from time to time;
- Oversee, guide and mentor all marketing staff;
- Execute and evaluate the project list created by CrossIron Mills, for the term of the contract.
- University degree expected (however a combination of marketing related education and related industry experience will be considered);
- Five years of previous experience in managing customer relations, preferably in a service-oriented industry;
- High level of creativity and proficient in identifying and acting on opportunities;
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service;
- Ability to identify new opportunities to generate new customer experiences;
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to see the bigger picture;
- Strong attention to detail and well organized;
- Strong project and time management skills;
- Good understanding of financial statements and accounting principles;
- Excellent communication and proven presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude;
- Aptitude to embrace change and welcome new approaches in an exceedingly evolving, fast-paced environment;
- Pays attention to the ongoing development of his/her own marketing and shopping centre industry skills;
Working Conditions :
- Due to the nature of the business and extended operating hours, the Marketing/Tourism Director must be flexible and available to work after hours and weekends as required.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/58f919e65eae86026012323e/51fc022158b70066fae49fd4/en