The Communications and Marketing team at MEC inspires and engages active Canadians by being the voice of our brand. We mix with big ideas that start conversations and spark adventures.
As the Director, Strategic Partnerships and Community Investment, you’ll be accountable for overseeing MEC’s corporate and community partnerships, programs and grants across Canada.
You’ll work with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative group that connects people with expertise, quality products and funding to encourage active outdoor lives. You’ll always be learning, and there’s a good chance your co-workers will inspire you to try something new, like riding in a Fondo, bouldering or paddleboarding.
What you do:
- Develop the annual investment strategy and budget for the team.
- Oversee national and local corporate and community partnerships, programs and grants, including but not limited to those administered through MEC’s commitment to 1% for the Planet.
- Strategically develop partnerships, and programs that support MEC’s organizational goals.
- Support a strategic vision for 1% for the Planet-funded investments that aligns with MEC’s organizational goals and achieve positive, substantive, measurable impact.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships within MEC, with partners and other key stakeholders.
- Manage contractual commitments, budgets and expense tracking to drive strong business and community investment results.
- Plan, direct and manage complex events and programs (which include activations, social media and PR) to meet intended outcomes.
- Provide effective measurement, tracking and analysis to monitor and assess the impact, results and ROI of partnerships, investments and programs.
- Pro-actively communicate the impact of our work internally and externally, supporting MEC’s brand and purpose to inspire and enable Canadians to lead active outdoor lifestyles
- Support a team of three direct reports and four “dotted-line” team members.
What you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline.
- 5 - 10 years managing a strategic partnerships and community investment program with a for-profit organization.
- Experience managing large projects, establishing strategic partnerships and identifying business opportunities.
- Skill at building relationships of value with key stakeholders.
- Ability to innovate, provide solutions, deliver on targets and demonstrate ROI.
- A passion for community investment and/or social responsibility.
- You are known for your influence and relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional leadership abilities. You’re generous with your knowledge and inspire your team members to grow.
- Great communication skills – you listen first, then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing.
- You can work in a fast paced environment juggling many balls at the same time, while keeping cool.
- You’re a results-oriented strategic thinker.
- You’re stoked on something: you love to build trails, log miles, organize hut trips, lean into corners, climb splitters or do something outside every day.
Bonus Points if you…..
- Vous parlez francais
- Live and breathe managing large, complex projects (and have a proven track record doing so).
- Have a Master of Thinking Big and Making It Happen (M.T.B.M.I.H.). (We know this doesn’t actually exist, but if it did you’d have it).