Professor, Marketing Analytics
School of Business
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
Classification: Full time Faculty
Salary Range: As per Academic Collective Agreement
Location: Progress Campus
The successful candidate will be teaching in the area of marketing research and analytics in the classroom, computer laboratory and field settings in the School of Business. He or she will participate in program and course development, course modifications, program advisory committees, program accreditation, applied research initiatives (where applicable), community outreach and on-going future program needs.
Please Note: We will consider international applications.
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners or community members, showing a sensitivity to intercultural communication
- Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Create a positive teaching environment
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
- Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
- Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
- Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
- Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
- Attend meetings, maintain records of student grades/assessments, and participate in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- PhD in Business Administration/Management Science
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing or marketing research and/or marketing analytics
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience at the adult and/or post-secondary level with exposure to teaching a variety of courses such as Research and Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Database Mining, Case Analysis, Data Visualization
- Experience with various software such as SAS Enterprise guide, SPSS, Excel add-ins (Risk Solver Platform, XLMiner, VBA), R, Tableau, and/or Envision
- Experience in course or learning materials development required
- Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team is essential
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by May 5, 2017. Please quote Competition # 17-F-03. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
COMPETITION #17-F-03 POSTING DATE: April 20, 2017 EXPIRY DATE: May 5, 2017