Program Manager – Marketing & Corporate Communications
Are you a detail-oriented and results-driven communications professional looking to make a savvy career move? Do you excel at juggling multiple tasks and competing priorities and deadlines? If these questions speak to you, let’s talk about this opportunity on our Corporate Communications team.
Leveraging your strengths in writing, editing and verbal communication, and working under the direction of the Director, Public Relations & Corporate Communications, you will contribute to the development and management of London Hydro’s internal and external communications, public relations and marketing activities.
Specifically, your duties and responsibilities as Program Manager – Marketing & Corporate Communications will include:
- The development, coordination and execution of marketing campaigns, development of promotional material, corporate branding initiatives and employee and community events to support the achievement of the corporation’s strategies, goals and targets.
- Creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications program that will promote London Hydro’s image and position within the marketplace.
- Leading and organizing the growth and development of online marketing and other outlets to support and expand our digital presence.
- Implementing community relations and employee communications programs and solutions to address issues and impacts.
- Supervising and coordinating the school electricity safety education program and managing its instructor.
- Working closely with business lines and senior management to proactively identify and create content about major corporate initiatives focusing on the relevance for employees.
- Authoring and distributing content/news across all lines of business via blog articles, monthly newsletter, press releases, social media and internal communication channels.
- Contributing to, and managing the implementation of, internal and external strategic communication plans, programs, projects, policies, processes and services, ensuring effective communication with a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- Contributing to the coordination of issue/crisis communications and emergency preparedness programs.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory, customer, shareholder, and media issues, new media / social media options and trending technology.
- Establishing and maintaining a strong communications network with internal and external contacts.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of the corporation’s strategy, initiatives, successes, outlook, operating guidelines and opinion.
- Acting as company spokesperson to employees, community stakeholders and the media, as required, in the absence of the Director of Public Relations & Corporate Communications.
- Adhering to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the E&USA rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro’s Health & Safety Management System.
The qualified Program Manager – Marketing & Corporate Communications we seek will be able to meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, from a recognized university.
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience related to marketing, public / media relations and internal / external corporate communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, editing skills, and business acumen.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and attention to detail.
- A team-oriented and results-driven approach with strong supervisory skills.
- Critical thinking and excellent research and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in office productivity and communications software applications.
- Valid Class G driver’s licence.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the electricity sector, an asset.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 150,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information and to apply
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as these and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to send your resume, by Monday, May 8, 2017, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Program Manager – Marketing & Corporate Communications in the subject line): email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.