Imagine working for an organization that exists to create a world where no Canadian has to fear cancer. At the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS), our teams include people just like you: dynamic, innovative, empowered, passionate and committed to creating real change.
As Canada’s largest national health charity and leader in the fight against cancer, the Canadian Cancer Society has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity. On February 1, 2017, CCS and the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (CBCF) joined forces. This unprecedented merger allows the new CCS to have an even greater impact on cancer research and vital support services for people living with and affected by cancer.
- We spearhead life-saving research. As the largest national charitable funder of cancer research in Canada, the Society has invested more than one billion dollars in research so far, and efforts have led to breakthroughs that revolutionize the way cancer is diagnosed, treated and prevented.
- We empower people facing cancer with free information and support services for patients and their families. Since 1996 the Canadian Cancer Society Cancer Information Service has helped more than one million Canadians with their cancer-related questions.
- We lead change for a healthier Canada. The Canadian Cancer Society has been a forceful and persistent voice on the tobacco control front, and efforts have led to laws that prohibit smoking in public spaces and workplaces, ban cigarette displays and vending machines and help control contraband.
CCS also mobilizes a community of volunteers to help deliver programs, organize fundraising events, push change through government and fuel prevention efforts.
All of this is made possible through our ground-breaking fundraising programs and campaigns such as Relay For Life, Daffodil Month and The CIBC Run for the Cure, as well as the unwavering support of our corporate partners and donors.
Be part of our team and make the biggest difference in the fight against cancer as a:
Director, Product Marketing and Development
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Vice President Mass Marketing, the Director Product and Marketing Development will lead a team responsible for Canadian Cancer Society’s National product fundraising strategy for the Mass Market segment and ensure its objectives are met. The successful candidate will oversee and be responsible for proactively developing, executing, monitoring and evaluating monthly and annual giving programs, including the development and implementation of new fundraising products. Our successful candidate will work collaboratively across the team and organization to build Mass Market fundraising programs focused on acquiring, upgrading, retaining and stewardship donors utilizing multi channels to maximize revenue and managing ROI.
This position is ideal for a senior marketing professional who enjoys leading and developing a highly motivated team, and thrives in a multi-faceted, results-oriented and changing environment where one must elevate thinking for the future while managing in the realities of today.
- Works closely with the VP, Mass Market, contribute to the development of a strategic multi-year plan with a long-term view to grow and diversify revenue for the mass market.
- Works closely with the VP, Mass Market, build the product strategy and act as a product subject matter expert to enable the broader fundraising team to articulate the value of our products.
- Develops, manages, and oversees the Mass Marketing Product & Development programs including mid-level, annual, and monthly donor programs.
- Oversees the development and administration of the Product & Marketing budgets and ensure expense targets are met.
- Monitors external markets and continually assess cross-industry best practice, new business models and techniques to enhance current integrated marketing strategies to drive program growth.
- Develops and implements a National donor loyalty strategy for mass market donors with the goal of increasing retention, lifetime value of donors and overall donor satisfaction.
- Manages, coaches and mentors a team, inspiring them to embrace new opportunities, flawlessly deliver programs, be innovative, and grow professionally.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to share and leverage best practices and develops consistent policies and practices as required
- Provides strategic direction for marketing activities ensuring ongoing strategic analysis, monitoring of results, evaluation, sharing learning, and communicating key policy or practice areas.
- Works alongside the Senior Leadership Team to support the planning and implementation of cross functional Canadian Cancer Society programs
Staff Management Responsibilities
- Recruits qualified staff to meet the department human resources needs. Manages staff performance in relation to goals established for the department and for individual achievement. Meets regularly with staff to review progress against plan. Coaches, guides and problem solves with staff to support them in achieving their commitments. Identifies and initiates required training.
Fiscal Management Responsibilities
- Monitors department adherence to financial policies and controls. Ensures an adequate audit trail is in place to meet Canadian Cancer Society requirements. Supports the Director to determine revenue and expense projections as part of the budgeting process. Authorizes expenditures within approved guidelines. Monitors expenditures against plan and initiates appropriate remedial activity as required.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, as well as take every precaution reasonable to protect the health and safety of staff and volunteers
- Post-Graduate education in a relevant field (Fundraising, Marketing, Business) and/or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- At least 7 years’ experience with a strategic focus on Marketing, Product Management or Business Management, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Exceptional track record of success in conceptualizing and implementing innovative revenue generating marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Comprehensive knowledge of direct response marketing, channel specific expertise, and donor engagement.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a proven track record to inspire, motivate and develop team members.
- Exceptional organizational, project management and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional presence with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous management experience in overseeing budgets
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning and new business development
- Excellent sector knowledge and understanding of the Canadian business landscape
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills
- Advance level of proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge. Working knowledge of RE’s Luminate Online an asset.
- A team player that values an environment of open communication and collaboration
- Regular office environment
WHAT WE OFFER
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day. Please indicate your salary expectations in your cover letter.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified non-smokers are invited to send their resume, cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the File #CMA732: in the subject line of the email by April 7, 2017 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
For more information about how you can join the fight against cancer and become a member of our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.cancer.ca.
STAY CONNECTED TO OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/canadian-cancer-society
Twitter - http://twitter.com/cancersociety
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/CanadianCancerSociety