Sunwell Technologies Inc., based in Woodbridge, Ontario, with
operations in Japan, has been a recognized leader in clean technologies, food
preservation, and thermal storage for over 30 years. Sunwell is a major player
internationally with systems in over 38 countries. It has a culture of continuous technological
development and innovation and has originated many leading technologies.
Sunwell Technologies, Inc. of Woodbridge, Ontario has a long track record in innovation and research and development of Deepchill™ slurry ice system. Since its inception over 35 years ago, Sunwell has developed applications ranging from commercial air conditioning in some of Japan’s largest building to the Penguin habitat in Seaworld in San Diego. Sunwell is looking to transition from a research company to a scalable commercial entity by focusing on a few key markets. Notably, Sunwell provides high value to producers of seafood and produce wishing to preserve freshness. Our installation base is largely outside of North America. Sunwell prides it self in delivering advanced slurry ice systems with enough customization to suit individual client needs. As result of a focused business development strategy, Sunwell has identified Atlantic Canada and the US east coast as high growth potential. Main areas of interest include on-board installations, seafood harvest, processing, aquaculture, and packaging.
Mission of the Position
This is an mid-level business development position. In this role, you will identify opportunities and make solution recommendations. You must have an engineering / technical / science degree and aptitude for success. You have proven yourself to be a relentless hunter and will not hesitate to go the extra mile to get results. You are keen on offering best in class solutions to clients and will drive negotiations centered around value proposition. In this positon, you will report the Director of Sales. This position will be located in Atlantic Canada.
Detailed Job Scope
- Develop new accounts and broaden existing client base in Atlantic Canada and the US east coast
- Understand client business issues and develop account plans
- Sign up local channel partners to strengthen Sunwell presence and prospects
- Provide sales presentations to clients and product training to channel partners
- Support and ensure channel partners have necessary information to close business
- Work closely with the in-house engineering team to offer customized solutions
- Provide proposal to client and follow through to placement of order
- Recognize competitive threats and take necessary measures to close business
- Follow up after equipment is installed to gain reference sites
- Update sales funnel, CRM and complete client visit reports
- Participate in sales forecast, prepare territory plans and meet quotas
- Attend sales meetings, trade shows and present papers at conferences
- Keep abreast of industry developments and network effectively to gain visibility
- Must have at least 2-5 years of business experience, ideally in a technical sales or support role.
- BSc Degree (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Marine Science)
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Diligent, proactive, and highly motivated.
- Team-oriented, willing to listen and offer suggestions
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Organized and disciplined. Must be a self-starter
- Review purchase agreements and negotiate sales contracts
- Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident, with the ability to travel to the United States (as needed)
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of time in your territory
- Bilingual will be asset (Eng/Fre)
- Clean driving record (ability to rent car and drive to meet clients)
Sunwell offers competitive salary along with health benefits, vacation, travel allowance, etc.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.