We are seeking a talented marketer with a passion for writing and editing to join our team as a Content Strategist. This position is a perfect combination of strategy and hands-on execution. In this post, you will collaborate with the product, sales, and engineering teams and report directly to the CEO.
- Research and identify trends early on and build industry-leading content.
- Build and execute a solid content marketing strategy that will position us as the key player in the industry.
- Lead and develop marketing initiatives, including content creation for outbound marketing campaigns, website content, product videos, webinars, customer case studies, and more.
- Build various types of content that fit the audience mindset and needs, and maximizes the strengths of each channel or communication experience.
- Make sure content meets our high editorial standards, reflects our brand guidelines and provide benefits to our audience and partners.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to tap into opportunities for content creation.
- Manage content curation tools and programs and add value through additional curatorial content.
- Support any media outreach, analyst briefings, and social marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with Sales to understand ongoing enablement needs; create and execute an enablement program across training, competitive counter-tactics, and product education.
- Work with the product team to plan successful go-to-market launches for new product features and company solutions.
- You are a content manager and marketer with relevant content marketing and writing experience, working in B2B or B2C technology organizations (ideal).
- You have experience building strategies and your work plan, as well as producing interesting content.
- You have a portfolio containing content such as blog posts, white papers, infographics, case studies, user guides, etc. (please, send us some examples of your work!)
- You have exceptional written and verbal English communication skills. Solid storytelling, presentation and content marketing skills when dealing with technical content for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You love love love writing, and you might even have your personal blog or website.
- You are recognized for your exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in building strong working relationships at all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- You are a results-driven, hard-working, analytical individual who enjoys a challenge. A sense of humor, lots of smarts and intellectual curiosity is an absolute must!
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize and craft positioning and key messages that connect with different personas and audiences.
- You have demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up environment.
- You have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as journalism. Master’s degree is a plus.
We are a funded, San Francisco and Montreal-based startup, led by a team of seasoned and successful technology entrepreneurs, software engineers, advisors and investors.
- Our offices in the heart of the Mile-End start-up neighborhood with a million dollar view for everyone to enjoy.
- Generous flexible vacation policy as well as flexible work hours (and location!).
- We invest in and support you in your continuing skills development, helping you to develop your industry knowledge and increase your expertise in the messaging space.
- A kitchen that’s always fully stocked with free snacks, drinks, espresso and tea bar, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, beer and much more.
- Weekly happy hours, breakfast and other team meals.
- Team activities and get togethers like Board Game Night, Movie Night on the 85” TV, Friday beers and spontaneous Exploding Kittens (the game).
- Regular internal & external hackathons run by and/or sponsored by Smooch.
Our friendly culture and purpose is ultimately what really sets us apart. We value full transparency, taking initiative & ownership, making calls, and the accountability that comes with it. We thrive on working hard and playing well, sharing our wins and owning our failures.