Assistant Marketing Manager
At the LCBO, we promote social responsibility, connect with our consumers through exceptional customer service, and encourage our employees to reach their potential. If you’re looking for a career that will engage and inspire you to excel, let’s get together – join the LCBO.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager (Vintages), you will be responsible for the strategic and creative development of in-store and ecommerce promotions, CRM and multi-media advertising campaigns for the Vintages brand. Through a diverse portfolio of programs, you will develop highly engaging promotions to highlight Vintages as a world-class purveyor of fine wine and premium spirits in a socially responsible manner.
Your key accountabilities as Assistant Marketing Manager (Vintages) will include:
- Developing strategic marketing plans based on analytics, consumer insights, industry and market trends that deliver measureable results against financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Managing the development and execution of programs across a variety of channels, including point-of-sale communications and in-store merchandising, print, digital, broadcast and out-of- home advertising.
- All aspects of project management – from scheduling through to design and layout, attending photo shoots, developing and managing program content, and production.
- Working with business leads and creative teams to ensure marketing programs align with and enhance the Vintages brand and business strategy.
- Writing and presenting project plans and creative briefs to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Tracking performance through detailed post-mortem analysis.
Your qualifications for the role of Assistant Manager, Marketing will be reflected in the following profile:
- Minimum 5 years of omni-channel marketing experience, preferably with retail marketing and merchandising experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing marketing programs, usually acquired through a combination of experience in a marketing/ advertising role and related post-secondary education.
- Integrated marketing communications experience, including event and product promotions, POP, direct marketing, digital marketing and social media and advertising.
- Ability to apply a strategic approach and critical thinking to the planning and execution of projects, combined with a strong creative eye and the ability to produce beautifully designed and compelling communication pieces.
- Superior writing skills, with excellent skills in writing and evaluating creative briefs.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with ability to handle competing priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and insights through customer data.
- Experience with measurement of marketing initiatives and budget management (monitoring expenditures and variances).
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through people, teams and cross-functional relationships. Strength in leadership competency, a must.
- Good knowledge of graphic design and print production process.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry, an asset.
Complementing the above qualifications are the LCBO leadership competencies:
• Lead people • Build relationships • Drive profitability • Deliver results • Enhance the brand • Integrity
To explore this challenging opportunity, please apply online, at www.lcbo.com/careers, to Human Resource Services, LCBO, quoting File #LCB-035/2017, by Friday, March 24, 2017. We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.