We are looking for a marketing director ready for the challenge of handling the full spectrum of marketing and communications for a successful global entertainment company that designs theme parks, water parks, visitor attractions, resorts and mixed use + entertainment developments. The Director of Marketing has 10 years’ experience in similar marketing leadership roles for mid- to large-sized companies. This versatile leader reports to the CEO.
As a seasoned marketing professional, you are comfortable with both strategic and hands-on responsibilities. You will be building your own high performing marketing team, hiring marketing professionals who can support your vision and the company’s growth goals. If you are someone who offers creative and strategic insights and brings a can-do attitude to the job, FORREC is place for you to make a real contribution.
- Sets targets and initiatives for annual the marketing plan and budget in conjunction with CEO.
- Works with the business development teams to direct the development of marketing and promotional material to support marketing initiatives and drive business strategy.
- Hire and manage a team of qualified marketing professionals to support the marketing plan and position the company for growth.
- Offers strategic insights on how to build on FORREC’s international brand, creating brand awareness and the tools that attract leads for the business development team based in Canada and overseas to action.
- Liaises with the executive team and board of directors to guide and report on the ROI of all marketing efforts.
- Drives inbound marketing efforts to build FORREC’s credibility as an entertainment design expert across multiple channels, including digital, social media and PR.
- Brings proven social media knowledge to increase the company’s social media presence to drive engagement and build loyal followers and communities.
- Oversees the management and budget of up to nine global tradeshows annually, determining which shows to attend and managing all promotional and logistical details.
- Determines the best opportunities for industry advertising and press, by building relationships with the attractions industry leaders.
- Manages industry memberships and email campaigns on an ongoing basis.
- Monitors and produces reports detailing ROI on all promotional activities, partnership programs, and marketing initiatives with the marketing team.
- Is the brand advocate, ensuring that FORREC’s message, look and feel is expressed consistently across all media, from business cards to booth designs and digital media.
- Arranges photography/videography as well as maintains and enhances FORREC’s project image library, ensuring all images are useable with signed and up to date usage rights.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related field (advertising agency, professional services, leisure, entertainment or cultural sector).
- Minimum of 7 years in marketing at a senior level.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening, written).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven strategic and creative thinker.
- Willing to be hands-on to get the work done.
- Management experience in a small marketing team setting.
- Strong character and personality, able to take a position and defend it well.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
- Detail-oriented with a track record of follow through and delivery.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of marketing professional services and associated challenges for international brands.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., stakeholders, associates, customers, vendors, suppliers.
- Good negotiation skills with both internal and external customers.
- Familiarity with the use of PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Survey Monkey and MailChimp.
If you’re interested, please send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.