Vernon Technology Solutions (VTS) a division of the CDI Group of Companies has been in business over 25 years providing business-to-business solutions in technology rentals for events, meetings and other short term projects. http://vernontechnology.com/
We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, smart, strategic, energetic, and passionate about meeting customer’s needs. The ideal candidate will have above average understanding of business technology and its use in business environments. Priority will be given to candidates with prior experience in working as or within the experiential marketing or meeting & event industries.
Working from our Markham location, this individual will be supporting sales to the West Coast. The primary role of the inside sales representative is to coordinate all phases of the sales cycle including lead qualification, discovery phone calls, account management, proposals, and contracts. This position is the primary point of contact for existing customers and there is an existing book of business. However, the expectation for growth and development is for this person to be spending 50% of their activity in proactive solicitation of new business.
Location: Markham, Ontario Hours: 11am – 7pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership of the Vernon sales process with an emphasis on customer experience.
- Prospect new sales opportunities and follow-up on leads generated by marketing efforts.
- Explore target accounts to identify contacts and develop lead opportunities.
- Qualify interested prospects into active leads by applying lead qualification criteria, and then drive the progression through the sales pipeline.
- Respond to current customers regarding product information, product delivery, quotes, contracts, etc. Identify opportunities for repeat and follow-up business.
- Align resources for customer visits etc. with the goal of increasing customer loyalty.
- Build strong relationships with the Vernon marketing, sales, accounting, and operations teams.
- Coordinate logistics with VTS/CDI operations departments.
- Three or more years experience with proven success selling solutions to business customers over the phone.
- Vernon is willing to train a recent college graduate with exceptional background in digital media appliances and related technology.
- Adept in crafting verbal and written communications that strongly influence stakeholders in the purchasing process. This includes effectively leveraging Vernon marketing messages and materials into sales efforts.
- Ability to adapt to CRM and other software tools used internally by VTS.
- Effectively manage the lead pipeline with predictable results in qualifying and closing sales opportunities.
- Exemplary business judgment with demonstrated skill in developing relationships with marketing, sales, accounting, and operations teams.
- Intermediate to Advanced/Expert Microsoft Office skills.
Thank you for your interest in working at Vernon Technologies. At Vernon Technologies we celebrate diversity and employment equity. Vernon Technologies will make accommodations for applicants with disabilities.